Valley Haven Adult Day Program
Valley Haven is a social day program for those 55 and older that is specifically designed for people who prefer to remain in their own homes or with relatives. Our program provides an affordable option in a social setting for those who enjoy getting together with other seniors. Our clients may spend as little as a half day to as many as five days per week with us. You only pay for the time you spend here and you don't need to make a long-term commitment. You come when it is right for you or your loved one.
Our mission is to provide services and facilities for social day program for the enrichment of older adults, and to provide respite and support for their families/caregivers.
Our goal is to help seniors remain at home as long as possible, thereby avoiding unnecessary or premature institutionalization, and its high cost.
Valley Haven provides the following services to dependent seniors and their caregivers:
- Seniors who attend our program enjoy a social setting operated by qualified, experienced staff members offering meals, music, entertainment, exercise, activities and personal attention. Valley Haven offers a wonderful opportunity for a caregiver to provide a loved one with activities outside the home.
- Transportation. Transportation is provided to and from the program in our vans, which are equipped with lifts to accommodate seniors in wheelchairs.
- Time Off. Our program allows caregivers to have some time off (respite) from the emotional and physical demands of caring for a dependent senior. The caregiver is free to work, shop, exercise, socialize and get much needed rest.
- Education/Referrals. We have an extensive reference library with books, manuals, videos, music and games, which are available to caregivers of dependent seniors. We can also assist you by making referrals to other professionals who can help.
- Educational Seminars and Support Group. Valley Haven periodically offers support groups and educational seminars open to all people caring for dependent seniors. The group is free and caregivers may bring their dependent senior to our day program at no charge while they attend the support group. Advance notice is required if dependent care is needed.